Connected Recruitment are working closely with a beautiful nursery in the Gerrards Cross, we are currently seeking a nursery cook to join their Large friendly experienced team.
The nursery is an 65 place good rated nursery and the working hours would be;
8.00am-4.30pm based on a 37.5 hour working week.
As an experienced high quality Cook your main duties would be:
• To prepare all meals and snacks for up to 65 children (0 - 5 year olds); (Meals - Lunch and Tea, Snacks - Mid morning and late afternoon
• Cleaning, sweeping, clearing, wiping surfaces and ensuring food hygiene is maintained at all times; periodically deep cleaning.
• To work closely with Manager and Nursery staff in preparing daily menus
• Ensuring all special dietary requirements are recorded and met daily
• Adhering to all Nursery policies and procedures
- A valid Food Hygiene Certificate is required.
- At least ONE year’s relevant experience as a cook.
- Good stock control and rotation
- Good with adhering to budget controls
- A cooking qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of working in a Nursery, care home or school Kitchen is preferred.
The nursery opens five days a week Monday to Friday from 7.30am-6pm
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide safe, healthy food according to set menus and individual children’s dietary requirements.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, knowledge and abilities for this role and would like to be considered, please send us your CV, together with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Due to the vacancy being in an educational setting an enhanced DBS and references will be completed prior to employment.